View Single Post

Thread: Superman Vs. Homelander

1. - Top - End - #90
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Superman Vs. Homelander

Quote Originally Posted by CharonsHelper View Post
    Two things.

1. This is the internet. EVERYTHING is up for debate.

2. I was mostly pointing out that the clip about Ace (which I agree is awesome) doesn't actually prove your point at all, though you seemed to think that it did.

In addition - I really don't see Batman being ALWAYS for saving lives. I don't see him not being okay with the death penalty (assuming Gotham had it). He wouldn't plunge the needle in himself, but I don't see Batman showing up at the execution to save a serial killer from the needle either.

In the Sewer King clip above, he specifically said that it was up to the courts - which implies that he'd be okay with whatever sentence they gave.
    1.) 1 and 2 are the same point, in a way; I'm not debating. I'm not making a point. I'm not proving a point. I'm explaining why I have my belief, and used a clip as an example. I don't care if the clip doesn't cover all cases; it's just an example, it doesn't need to. If you disagree, that's perfectly fine. If you want to convince me I should think differently, that's not going to happen, and I'm perfectly happy to tell you why.

B.) I don't see Batman breaking in to stop the plunger from being pushed in a state-sanctioned execution. I do see Bruce Wayne fighting against the death penalty in Gotham City with his considerable resources. I should also point out that I like when Gotham City, from all appearances, does not seem to have the death penalty (for any depictions where it does, see my opinion in depictions of Batman being OK with killing in some circumstances).
    Last edited by Peelee; 2020-10-28 at 01:43 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2