1. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Official Subclass Library: Updated with Tasha's

110, that's pretty crazy.

This reminds me, I had an idea for 5e mod where classes are cut down to four levels, and you pick a new class every time you finish your current one. Sort of a mix-and-match system. Naturally, classes would be trimmed down so much that I could easily take existing subclasses and turn them into full classes. If I did that, I'd have a total of 123 classes (13 + 110). That's a lot of classes (though not all subclasses might be suitable for this). I talk about this idea in more detail here.

Anyway, I'm not sure what the value of an alphabetical list of every subclass is. You might find it more useful to list them by class (and I see you ninja'd me while I was writing this), or by source book. If a subclass is printed in more than one source book, it might also be useful to make a note of that, say, by changing the color of the name part way through, like so: Bladesinger Wizard. It would be nice to be able to look at a complete list of every subclass for a given class, if, for example, you feel like playing a particular class but you're not sure which subclass to play. Showing all source books that subclass can be found in would be helpful for people who don't have every book, or who perhaps prefer an older version of that subclass (I hear Bladesinger is getting changed in Tasha's for example). I'd also precede the post with a color guide like those found in many class gives, e.g. [PHB] Player's Handbook, [SCAG] Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. The acronym is probably quicker and easier for those already familiar with it, but there might also be some people who aren't familiar with all the acronyms (occasionally I see someone use an acronym for a spell and I have no idea which spell they're talking about).

But thanks for compiling all of this, it must have taken a bit of time. It's nice to have it all in one place.

Edit: I'm surprised at how balanced the number of subclasses are. In the PHB, wizard and cleric dominated in terms of the number of subclasses, but now everything except the artificer is competitive.
    Last edited by Greywander; 2020-10-29 at 12:13 AM.