Thread: What alignment is Oona?

1. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What alignment is Oona?

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    No. They are vampires.
    And also dwarves.

Please. If someone announces they will bribe a legislator and than they go there and do it, there will be an investigation, and if it can prove the bribery happened, both the legislator and the guy who tried to compel the vote are removed from the game.
    This assertion is non-canonical.

We know gods can see what their priests can see.
    Quite the opposite. This assertion is non-canonical. And even if it was (and it is not), just because other gods can see does not automatically mean Dvalin is not prevented from watching the deliberations by his very nature of what he, specifically, is the demigod of.

We know gods can visit each other; Thor knew about Hel's plan; and he is on friendlier terms with Dvalin than with Hel. If Loki and Thor knew, he could know, and probably did. Please stop poromoting your assumptions to the lofty rank of „facts.”
    My assumptions fit the canon. My assumptions are not in the service of claiming the canon to be stupid. Therefore, my assumptions are perfectly fine when explaining canon.

No. You speculated „forms of coercion [were] exempted from the rules”, to which I replied via pointing out that it's canonicxally not the case.
    No, you didn't. You simply said they weren't, but you didn't actually show it to be the case. In fact, canon is quite clear that there is significant loopholes in the rules, and therefore seems likely some are intentional.

It is about right that we don't know who built the chamber, I'll give you that. The rest, however, is funny coming from you, since in your previous post you did little else other than casually treating your assumptions as „canonical facts.”
    No, I didn't. I mixed canonical facts with extracanonical assumptions that explain supposed plotholes. The difference between us is that you use you non-canonical assumptions to claim the canon is stupid, while I use them to explain why they are not. And also you seem to be under the misapprehension that "vampires are not dwarves" and "Dvalin can see what their priest in the chamber sees" and "if Thor knew, Dvalin knew" are canonical, when they are not.

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2020-10-29 at 08:56 AM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est