View Single Post

Thread: What alignment is Oona?

1. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: What alignment is Oona?

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    Ease of work, lack of imagination and no system is fool proof.

Oldy the senile dwarf is going to vote poorly but he has not been removed from his position due to internal politics - fortunately the clan has a second and a third who if they agree can use magic to compel him to vote a certain way.
    It is not dishonourable to do so it is what Oldy would have wanted if they were still in their right mind.

We don't know what circumstances might have brought about the current situation.

We don't know how long they have stood - they might be recent and so the kinks have not been worked out, or they might have worked well for the last thousand years so why change them?
    After the vampire problem they might very well change them to add security.
    Hel was able to figure them out with all of 3 days to make the plan. That does not suggest that the problem is particularly obscure or difficult to predict.

Heck, theyre even aware of the possibility of outsiders screwing with the vote, because they have a barrier meant to stop non-dwarves from getting in, as well as a security team. Is it that hard for the cleric of Dvalin to cast a circle of protection from evil around the table before the vote goes off to make sure nobody has their free will violated?

As for your example, allowing people to override the free will of the representative if they think theyre voting wrong defeats the whole point of having a representative, to say nothing of being highly immoral. If thats the concern, pick somebody who will actually represent the interests of your group.
    Last edited by Keltest; 2020-10-29 at 09:34 AM.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”