That was a nice episode, good to see something stand-alonish after last season's finale. I'm kind of confused as to what help Mando expects to get from other Mandalorians. Maybe he just wants to reconnect with his people as he' looking the same time as looking for the Jedi?

Also I love that he was surprised he could have missed another Mandalorian when he spent, like, two weeks on that very same planet.
Quote Originally Posted by KatsOfLoathing View Post
Hey, nice to see this thread getting a little traffic since I started it.

Spoiler: First Episode Impressions
Show
Like others have mentioned, the plot here is relatively simple but well-executed nonetheless. Space Cowboy Timothy Olyphant The Marshal was fun to hang out with for an episode, and I like how the series continues to add depth to the Tusken Raiders. The special effects budget has definitely jumped up some notches, too: The Krayt Dragon looks like something straight out of the movies, and many of the other aliens (both humanoid and not) look great as well. The Child doesn't really have anything to do except look cute and offer some reaction shots, but hopefully that'll change soon.

I appreciate how the series continues to sprinkle in plenty of references to previous SW properties without the in-your-face, pandering-to-nostalgia vibe I've gotten from a fair share of post-Disney output. Podracers! Vibroblades! Gamorreans! Boba Fett's armor! There were a few I didn't even get until the Internet filled me in, like the R5 droid.

And speaking of that last cameo/reference...

Maybe strike down my Star Wars cred, but I definitely didn't recognize the figure at the end to be Jango Fett's actor from the prequel trilogy. Some writers on the 'net were quick to identify him as Boba Fett, which is probably true, but I'm not trying to jump to conclusions. I'm guessing he'll be our recurring antagonist for the season, but I'm not really sure what gripe he has with the Mando at this point. Wanting his armor back seems like a weak motivation at best. Time will tell.

This was a fun episode, though I didn't feel like it advanced the story much from where we left off at the previous season finale. Hopefully the series won't be spinning its wheels for long, though as long as the high-quality sci-fi action continues I guess I can't mind too much.
Spoiler
Show
I hope it's jsut a cameo I don't really see what Bobba would bring to the show, but who knows.