Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
entire swathes of time were wiped out of existence, thrown into nightmarish repeating paradoxes, doubled-up on each other, and so on. The war only ended when the Doctor obliterated both species entirely from the timeline, undoing most of the damage that they did.

I think that's about as powerful as time travel can get before it moves into the "infinite capability" zone, honestly; you can make whatever changes you like, but if you make the wrong ones you blow up everyone you were trying to save. Of course, if your goal is the eradication of every other universe, blowing up their universe while making alterations to it isn't such a net problem.
I'm not sure I agree with your assessment that there is little room between Dr Who and Infinite on the scale of Time utility (I may even create a separate thread about Time, senility willing); however, when you start talking about using temporal damage as a weapon rather than a negative side effect to be avoided, it certainly does change one's perspectives of what is "good" in the time-travel department.