@ Pair O' Dice: Here is the problem with those reasons

1. "Information Density" is unneeded and is actually unhelpful, its nothing but meaningless labels that get in the way of making the character what they actually are in favor of stereotypes, and actually tells me nothing about the character:
A CG elf ranger could be any number of things:
-serious pragmatic rebel drow wielding a crossbow who wants revenge
-cheerful wood elf wielding a sword who just wants to adventure
-decadent high elf noble wielding a bow refluffed as a magic wand that acts a rifle who is bored and wants to amuse themselves but with a good heart

the label didn't actually tell me anything about the character because there is so many things that could be, its meaningless

2. "Universality" Again, I don't see why I'd want this. If a different setting has different situations, there is no reason to shove a square into a round hole with misapplying one morality system. and again, the alignments don't actually tell me anything, because if the morality is different then "LG" for example is defined as, changes from setting to setting, so if LG isn't even consistent, why even have it? I see problem with this kind of attempting to slot in alignments to everything with a whole bunch of characters in fiction, especially more complex ones.

3. "Overlaying" this point contradicts information density because your adding on more labels into a string of words that could again mean anything when your point about it was it was efficient but your making it less efficient by adding on more words. and if you agree with me that situations where alignment doesn't make sense can be ignored, great welcome to 5th edition where its minimized to nothing because it never made any sense

4. "Hooks" Except there is substitutes. a corrupted swamp is an environmental hazard like anything else. You don't need alignment on top of it. sanity is not an alignment system, its a mental health system, that I wouldn't play regardless because I don't play horror. I wouldn't play any game with corruption in it, because I don't want my characters corrupted if I don't want them to. such mechanics just make me uninterested and uncomfortable.

5. "Reinvented the labels" No thats just describing the Hells better, CE and LE don't tell me anything. I've seen people argue that someone is "Lawful" because they follow a internal code that has nothing to do with law, and I've seen people argue that someone can be "Chaotic" even if they don't break the law, while what is "Good" in DnD according to the peoples opinions I've seen many interpretations and they don't agree with each other

6. alignment can also lead to a paradox like this for example:
good person designs a weapon to kill all evil people using a holy explosion covering the entire world. the holy explosion kills all evil people, which is a victory for Good. except it isn't because there are numerous innocent evil people killed by it, thus the person who unleashed the most pure good in the world is evil for doing so. Except if you wield good energy and technically won a victory for good, how can you be evil? But if you fall for wielding good energy to win a victory for good, how good really is good if your capable of that? Isn't Good itself as a moral force, completely hypocritical then for punishing you for using it in that manner yet still making it happen?

lets simplify this to one evil innocent: you use smite evil on them and kill them for being evil, what the feature is designed to do, but then Good Itself punishes you for doing so by making you evil despite just allowing it to happen. So Good Itself hypocritically allows you to carry it out but then turns around and takes away the ability to do so despite fighting its cosmic enemy. you can't say Good Itself is unaware of this until its misused because its aware of your alignment and shifts it to Evil, because its always aware of your alignment and keeps track of it. Now Good COULD take your ability to do BEFORE you do it, but then that is punishing people for thoughtcrime. Thus either good Itself is hypocritically randomly choosing paladins to take its powers away from unless they maintain good thoughts at all times which would lead to willful blindness and self deception, or Good is hypocritically allowing innocents to die due to its own energies touching then punishing the paladins responsible for channeling itself to make sure innocent people die.