Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
KC:D is pretty alright, and fairly underrated in my opinion (at least around here). I only slightly coincide with those personal preferences myself, and it was still pretty enjoyable as a game probably simply due to the fact that it's at least somewhat realistic.
I'm playing KC:D on a PC, for full disclosure. I will have to say that you're absolutely right, I think the game pulled off a good blend of different elements from niche subgeneres that allowed it to be interesting to a quite broad audience and make a unique RPG. It's not a survival game by a long shot but has a couple of elements of that. It's not a social simulator but it has a some aspects. The fighting system is relatively streamlined, but still poses a challenge. And so on and so forth. The hardcore mode, imho, just enhances all these aspects.

The historical realism is extremely nice, I'm really grateful for that. You can feel that in some ways you're experiencing 15th century life in Rattay or in Sasau. And seeing things like this makes me respect the dedication that went into it a lot:

Spoiler: Image
Show