1. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: No more Detect Good. Detect Holy instead.

Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    Neutral people are a mixture of Good and Evil. The Good energy damages the Evil component in Neutral people - killing them.

Good people, by contrast, have so little Evil in them, that the Good energy cannot harm them - there's not enough there for the harmful reaction when Good energy collides with Evil energy.

Good and evil can combine constructively - as in regular life - or destructively - spells used by one, that damage the other.
    *Unamused stare* Hamish if your going to argue that individualism and selfishness are fundamentally evil thus necessary evils, we're going to have problems because I don't believe that or being functional or vital for anything for a second.

@ Vahnovoi: okay here is thing about that: yeah sure its a trope. but its blindly holding yourself to it without thought.

Like guys just because a trope exists and existed doesn't mean its a good idea or that we should preserve it for its own sake. sure its old, but that also means its from somewhere foreign. if you get too caught up in what some alien fantasy form of good is, when are you going to portray a fantasy good that y'know, people can actually relate to? a form of good that actually resembles what we know is good rather than bizarre alien good involving looking at eviltrons of people or using your virtutron weapons on other people?

like sure it exists, that doesn't mean it has to stay the same. you can make a Good that is actually good and doesn't kill people for "not being good enough", these tropes are not a straightjacket, you can change and rework them to make more sense. no one is going to weep over the loss of the headaches these tropes cause when played straight, okay? there more ways to use them.

Edit: I agree with Nigel on the Stormlight Archive stuff
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-11-04 at 08:33 AM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".