Quote Originally Posted by NigelWalmsley View Post
I'm not actually convinced that's true. The planes are supposed to be infinite, so it's not entirely clear if you can meaningfully increase or decrease their power. Insofar as D&D seems to abide by the "Gods Need Worship Badly" paradigm, it seems at least plausible that if you were to kill off all the mortal followers of Orcus, that might be a more effective anti-Orcus strategy than trying to persuade them to get on board with Pelor. Which doesn't really address the underlying "holy crap that's awful" of things, but I'm not convinced the overall thing is quite as bad as you say.
Hey man, that is just what I've seen argued in response to my arguments how I don't like killing stuff for flimsy alignment reasons, by people on this very forum. I'm just repeating what others have said about DnD morality on that specific paragraph. while the murderhobo interpretation of DnD is common, on this forum there is a lot of people that try to argue for the redemption/morality play interpretation I just talked about, which I blame Book of Exalted Deeds for.