Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
I like Bolin well enough, but his plotline in Book 2 is... not good. At all. His relationship with Eska is abusive, but played up for a laugh, which I do not appreciate. And the entire mover sub-plot is a colossal waste of time, with its own share of uncomfortable dynamics - this time with Ginger. He gets better later, but I feel like he's often a vessel for the show's mistimed comic relief - are you sure you want to be making jokes when (spoilers) a terrorist is threatening to kill dozens of airbenders, including the girl you're sweet on?
His costume in the Movers is on purpose since he is the Slang Term. When I first saw it I laughed. I should have been bothered by it, especially for those who know my criticisms about The Tomorrow People and the early years of The Flash. However, in this case it worked because it was pomp and cliché as it was meant to be. I was worried at first in Book One when I realized he was the Sokka of the show, but they kept it tame enough everyone in the cast actually likes him instead of just tolerating him because he has to be there.

Sign me up for #TeamBolin