Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
Working through Book 1, and I wonder... could you Bloodbend yourself, to pre-emptively stop a bloodbender from bloodbending you?
Isn't that what Katara did in Season 3 of the original show? With Katara vs Hama?

If I recall correctly Hama blood bend Katara and said you should have learn the technique before you turned against me (Hama), then Katara relaxed and canceled the blood bending via breathing, saying something to the effect where she is also a waterbender. Then they water bend traditionally for a while. Then Sokka and Aang show up and Hama blood bend them, only for the conflict to end when Katara bloodbend Hama without learning the precise technique just via intuition and superior waterbending mastery.

So yeah Waterbenders can cancel out weaker bloodbenders just via mastery of waterbending [and using things like their breath to regulate their chi.] Note the stuff in brackets is subtext via observation of a scene, it was never precisely said "textually" via narration / diegesis that is how Katara was able to cancel the bloodbending.

----

Now can Waterbenders fly via just blood bending themselves? We do know they can propel water and make other people be above the ground, can a water bender fly via waterbending an ice disk underneath their feet, Magneto Style? Can they do it with the water inside of their own body?