Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
Having dealt with teenage relationships, I can totally see it. Korra is a bull in a china shop. Mako doesn't want to offend either of them, he feels for both of them, and is a ****ing idiot. Asami was hurt (emotionally), but the two of them worked it out (especially, IIRC, after season 2 or 3, where they were pen pals while Korra was recuperating).

And, right now, nothing is more natural than the relationship between Tenzin and his siblings.
Ya, but it far more commonly goes the other way. Asami walked in on Mako "cheating" on her (more accurately, Mako being a deer in the headlights as Korra just grabbed him) and I can honestly see her never talking to him again. Thats an entirely normal reaction.

And then it goes nowhere. Like, Korra and Mako are a thing for what? 8 episodes, where they break up early in Book 2 in one of the dumbest most overly dramatic fights I've ever seen?

Come on writers, you made Korra look like an absolute b**** for pretty much no payoff. Why didn't they just have Asami and Mako split up and then have Korra sweep in? Less drama, but it's still there for playing around with tension, much easier to patch things up, and Korra doesn't look awful. Simple.