Some Korra fans I just do not get Yes Avatar the Last Airbender is better plotted (plus it has some different writers) but that was because it was plan to be at least 3 arcs when it was first pitched. The story was crafted as a multi part epic from the beginning.

1) Korra was originally going to be a miniseries and not a tv show.

2) The miniseries was so popular it got subsequent seasons.

3)Then the writers were scrambling to publish as fast as possible due to their agreement with Nick. Yes some aspects of the writting suffered but it is still a very high quality show. It just does not FLOW like ATLA did.

4) And then after they started getting money and the show was already in production did Nick start backtracking with its promises for they realized the show had good ratings, but not the target age demographic ratings that Nick caters to and how they sell "ads" to a younger audience. Nick wants to know before hand if this is going to be an all girl show, an all boy show, or a mix show. An all boy show or all girl show is prefered for it is easier to sell gendered toys. Likewise when you have teenagers and adults like the show while the existing relationship you have with advertisers is a younger audience you do not get as good of ad rates. Etc, etc. Thus Nick decide to put the episodes on the web for while Korra got good ratings, it did not get useful ratings.

5) Thus even though Season 3 and 4 have better writting than 2 and 1 some aspects of those later seasons suffered such as having a clip show in Season 4. Making TV is hard, especially if there is conflict between the various "layers" of collaboration such as the writers, producers, people who paid for it, and so on.

Rant almost over
Spoiler: Rant continues with a gif
Show

So yeah I do not get some Korra fans that are full of complaints. I guess that is on me, not them.

Yet simultaneously there whole complaint is Korra is not what they wanted. Or they like it but it did not have perfect flow like ATLA did. Well is that on you or the show itself?

Remember ATLA had some cringe relationship stuff but we forgive it and find it funny and enduring for the main character is 12, while Korra in Book 1 is 17. Well let me remind you of a secret 17 year olds are bad at dating, bad at many things, yet are hypercompetent at other things to the point they are like younger adults. The being good at A and B while stinking at X, Y, and Z is part of nature of being a teenager, just like 12 to 17 year olds may have weird limb proportions for are in a middle of a growth spurt. Puberty and youth "stink."

And ATLA humor is cringe if the character were not young kids, not just with the relationship stuff. What Toph does at 12 and as a girl (with a blind tomboy persona) would not be as funny if she was instead a male in her 20s. After all Toph was originally going to be a 16 year old muscular boy* who was an earthbender, a foil with Sokka that butted heads in a macho fashion but they writers realized this did not work, and thus they redid several things and we get the wonderful character of Toph.

*The intro design of the earth bender was the original design for Toph per interviews. Aaron Ehasz head writer for ATLA, but not the two show creators Bryan Konietzko-and Mike Dimartino, is the one who suggested making Toph a 12 year old girl. Note Aaron Ehasz did not work with Korra, but has done other fantasy stuff like Netflix's The Dragon Prince.

-----

Now when I say some of the ATLA humor is cringe, I personally find it endearing for humor is a subjective thing. It is a mixture of ingredients and someone can have the same sensory experience but have a different opinion of whether the thing is good or bad.

Sorry if my rant is a little too intense.