Quote Originally Posted by Pex View Post
Finished Book 2

I can firmly say I'm liking it. It doesn't feel like a children's show. I'm being entertained, not lectured. I'm really liking Mako and Bolin. Mako is not the brooding jerk he appeared to be in the first episode. He's heroic. Bolin is definitely the comic relief, but it's just shy of being like Sokka to be the butt monkey of all the jokes. He's competent and gets his share of heroic glory, not just in the Movers.
Glad you're enjoying it. If you've liked it so far, you're probably going to wind up quite happy with it overall, as books 1 and 2 are easily and by far the weakest parts of the show (book 1 more so than book 2 IMO, due to pacing problems and the love triangle). It only really found its footing once it got to book 3, IMO, which I consider the best season personally.

Sad that it took that long though, as I bailed on it after book 2 during its original TV run, and didn't return until hearing about the finale made me go "wait, what?", and looking for cursory info about how that had happened made me come across a lot of people saying the show had picked up after book 2, which finally prompted me to watch them.