Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
Hated Book 3. Disagree with everyone that the villain was good in any way. I'm a very, very small minority there, so you probably won't feel that way.
Really? Season 3 was my favourite, especially the villian. He's got a clear ideology which happens to be at odds with Korra; I don't agree with his ideology or the methods he uses, but he's definitely understandable.

For Korra, they purposely set up all the villians different to ATLA; Aang mostly had his head screwed on straight, but was passive and didn't like confrontation, ergo the best villians to have as a counterpoint were those who challenged him physically.

Korra is much different from Aang - raised in peaceful times (pro bending is a sport, not a combat style ), hyper confident and well trained, she's aggressive and very physical. In this case, more physically powerful villians wouldn't be interesting as it would just be re-hash of DBZ with them powering up at each other, so most of her villians challenge her ideology and beliefs.
As an example, Amon had a point - organised crime benders were busy terrorising the civilians, so helping them form self defence leagues (or militias by another name) is a perfectly reasonable response.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
Morty there is no better time to make jokes, just as long as you keep your head in the game and you do not distract the rhythm of your co-patriots.
(This of course is an art, getting the timing right, no excess or deficiency, and thus we as the audience find it humorous when the timing is not quite perfect.)
I agree with this - black humour has a long tradition, especially in the military, where death, pain and suffering is omnipresent. The spartans were famous for this, from 'that's nice, we'll fight in the shade' to 'If'.