View Single Post

Thread: Secret of mana IC thread

1. - Top - End - #650
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Secret of mana IC thread

Thaum is right there with Coney upon learning of this little gift. Thinking about what would be deemed appropriate and what he has available, Thaum is quite glad about his hair length. Acquiring a nice length of ribbon, Thaum cuts off a lock of hair (which is soon replaced as if the rest of his hair just... flows into its place), weaving the uniquely textured (and colored) strands along with the ribbon into a small ornament that almost looks like a twisted band of water bound by fabric, to be worn or simply carried inside a pocket. Thankfully, due to Undine's influence, this gift won't ever smell of wet hair. What he knows about hairdressing (given the importance of the Altenan witch mages, the girls around him training to become one, and their preference for elegant headdresses) paid off after all.

The healer cheers to the lady knight, even after her final match is declared lost, and meets her as soon as he is able (and allowed to), greeting her with a smile.

"Mi'lady, you fought brilliantly, in more ways than one. I rarely see sword and shield put to this great an effect, not mention testing your opponents' mental fortitude at the same time. As far as I am concerned, there is nothing to feel sorry about." Retrieving his gift, he takes one of the lady knight's hands, having it face up, and places his small token of appreciation in it. "I hope this is not too unusual for local customs. I never had someone fight for me like this before, especially not a knight." A thought crosses Thaum's mind, the healer seemingly shaking his head and rolling his eyes at himself for being too caught up this new experience. "My apologies, here I am stumbling through my words when you are fresh from the fight."

Thaum places his other hand onto the lady knight's, Undine's magic briefly creating a glow around him, wiping away leftover bruises and fatigue. If the local healer mafia takes issue with this, they can kindly bite him, he is giving a gift to his unexpected champion. But, as per Coney's wise words, he should probably not push it by just offering healing to the rabite knight as well (which, to be honest, is not the greatest feeling in the world to have). "I am Thaum. What is your name, mi'lady? A dear friend of mine will be showcasing his archery soon, so... would you care to join me on the stands, if you have the time?"

The rabite knight is also congratulated on his performance on the way back. Having heard about the princess' interest in archery, Thaum... decides to keep it to himself for now. No need to distract Larimar from what he does best, and it may make for a little surprise, depending on how things play out.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Thaum casts cure light wounds for (1d8+25)[27] HP healed (or rather, subdual damage healed in this case) as lesser restoration to reduce fatigue (if any) by one level
    Last edited by Ridai; 2020-11-06 at 03:22 PM.