Astarieth, Judgement

To the 'big ask' details, the PI gives a disgruntled look at the lower pay, but shrugs.

"You got a deal. Is Harold Rickman the lawyer you're talking about? I didn't know about the land deals, but I'll look into it.
"As to the rich-side dude, Chief of Police Bradley Osmon III. Third son of one of the state legislators. Got this job as a sinecure and basically is paid to keep the law working how the rich retirees want it. Which mostly means keeping undesirables out of the rich side of town and crime low, but also means looking the other way from time to time. Dude's a prick, but chummy with the mayor, governor, and others. The cops from the other station, even those on the Burnt's payroll, hate him on principal."

"But, I'll look into the real estate. And if any links between the Burnt, Rickman, and the rich side of town. To my knowledge, they aren't friendly, but I could be ignorant."

At the little ask, he scrunches his brow and gives a long look. But shrugs at the end.

"Sounds reasonable enough. But if you want me to watch it just a week, no guarantee they keep the same pattern week to week. And I don't know if I can keep a good eye on them while researching the rest. I can do some research on Wi-Fi and my laptop, but I'll probably need to do some in-person asking and snooping in city hall records for some of this. You want the big ask done first?"

Spoiler: Resonance
Show

All true, except the 'Sounds reasonable enough'--he smells a potential crime there, or at least something indecent. You get an inkling on 'why honest, why lie' that he's broken inside. Part of him wants to care about doing the right thing, but he just can't make himself care.
And he does want the money.

As for dissonance: while some of this might be frowned upon, part of the reason Astarieth is a solo operative is because he's trusted to operate independently. You aren't coercing this guy to acting illegally or against sound jugdement. I guess I'm trying to say: I didn't see any issue before you brought it up, but even though you have some points, I don't think any of this would get you in trouble. If it blows up in your face, yeah, Dominic might be pissed. And some (most?) Dominicans would frown on it, but that's probably true of most of Tommy's Role.

Inian, War

The man barely gives any resistance and is easily hoisted up. He stutters an answer. "I--we... we're Charon Pharmaceuticals. I'm a doctor, supposed to check the patients' vitals, track their charts. They... I don't know who or what they are. One seems some crazy guy surprised he's sick. The others... no pulse, barely any blood if I try a sample... Dr. Rodriguez, she had them brought in early this morning. P-please, this hurts, can you put me down?"