[Lost Beach]

What? No. That's ridiculous. If you were an NPC then you would know it. That's how it works, clearly.
No, this is actually evidence that they're in some sort of VRMMORPG that's some kind of open-world survival genre with partially-developed features, like that puzzle dungeon. It was clearly unfinished: there was no reward, no boss fight. There were clear clues - the kind that aren't in your face, the kind that are great in open world type games and generally are evidence of the kind of game design that June likes, without cluttered UIs or being overly dependent on 4th wall breaking objects - but the ending was kind of disappointing. It's clear that there was meant to be something, but maybe funding ran out or they got distracted or the higher ups said to work on something else.

"Oh. You're so lucky," June says. She gestures with her arms, as if to show them off. "I'm just a plain normal human, I think, so they must have thought there was no need for tutorials. Super-boring. I mean, I kinda like it that way, with sort-of a natural tutorial that just feels like normal play, but..." Her voice raises to shouting at the sky. "At least give me a map or some kind of directions!"

June laughs and twirls around.
"I'm so glad to have run into someone else though," she says. "Was starting to wonder if I was all alone or something."

[Coast Crawling]

The dog that can create air pockets is poor at determining when the best times or ways to use its magic. Besides, you need a backup plan because this dog is a little obstinate and may try to resist instructions for a while. However, it is very determined and won't give up when fighting.

The elf notices which dog Anchor is looking at, and starts going through paperwork to find all the information she has on it.

The ghost is definitely convinced. Don't leave him alone, please. He will come with.

The mermaid's shadow says that there was some screeching, but that she and also her mermaid had fled after the counterattack by the sailors. Something came by that she didn't really know exactly what it was, and hours later she came back because her sister was still missing and wanted to see if there were any clues left behind or anyone to interrogate.