Quote Originally Posted by Ailurus View Post
I agree that the Three (well, four if you count Jenka, though we haven't seen her in action that much) are extra competent. I believe it is Dimo who says at one point that being separated from the pack seems to have made them smarter.

But, have we ever seen minion-level Jagers? When recovering the Wasp Eaters, the Jagers seem comparable to or superior to the Vespiary Squads, who were supposed to be elite. One lone Jager was enough to take down 6 sparkwolves when distracting Martellus. And comparing the Generals with the common soldiery is probably unfair, but all the generals we've seen have been absolute monsters when in combat. The only time I can recall off the top of my head where Jagers lost badly was when the Three went and got themselves captured in Zum Zum, but even then it happened off-camera.
And in Zum Zum they were tricked (by Othar, if I remember correctly) - not bested in combat. The only other occasion I remember is the encounter with Bears, for whom Jagers were... insignificant.