1. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Dragonlance/Faerun] Anyone here met any Cataclysm/Wall of the Faithless defender

I can't believe it. They actually did it! The impossible!

They removed outdated and problematic kludge from Forgotten Realms!

/hyperbole aside, I'm glad the Wall is gone.

------------------------------------------------
    Talk about how D&D was "realistic" at low levels in other editions.
    I once played a man in 3e who summoned, ex nihilo, fusions of plant and animal that could create bramble walls from nothing...

... after summoning fey (any below a given HD from any published source, ever) for minutes at a time to do his bidding in various magical ways (hacking my way into spells way above my level in the process)...

... and then added his own ability to change the landscape to his whims X times/day...

... all while having a magical dirt man who somehow moved through rock like there was nothing there and functioned like a living sonar.

That was all at 3rd level. At 5th he could turn into a dinosaur. Oh, and from 1st he turned raisins into the world's greatest superfood.

1e and AD&D had ridiculous kitchen sink dungeons whose purpose and function fell apart the moment one applied critical thinking to them.

5e can be markedly less gritty at lower level than earlier editions, but that has little to do with how "realistic" D&D actually is.
    Last edited by RifleAvenger; 2020-11-12 at 03:54 AM.