Originally Posted by Willie the Duck
Mind you, I suspect forums like this aren't exactly representative, and most gamers just plain didn't care one way or the other.
Quite sure you’re correct on both counts. As noted much earlier in this thread, there’s really very little awareness of the Wall and even less caring out in the general gaming population.

I personally don’t see why anyone is elated that two lines of text are errata’d away, when those two lines can be and usually are ignored by those who don’t like them.

But then, I’ve never made it more than two pages through an FR novel, and I certainly don’t follow the nuances of which Realms deity said what on Tuesday morning in DR 1283 or whatever. I’ve done most of my 3.X gaming in the Realms, but I can’t recall any other player even mentioning one of the novels. I have a feeling that’s more typical than otherwise.

Originally Posted by Willie the Duck
Personally I don't overthink the D&D canon.
Best attitude towards it all.

Originally Posted by Jason
I'm not sure I would call The Dying Earth stories "science fanrasy" either. They're pretty much just low fantasy that happens to be set in a far-future earth, with very few science fiction tropes.
You could just as easily call it science fiction with a few fantasy tropes. “Science fantasy” is as good a term as any.