1. - Top - End - #288
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XLI: Secondary Opinions

So here's a few more questions as I go about rebuilding my Astartes

About updated Reivers: The old logic (when not struggling to compete against, well, pretty much every other Elite unit type), was that Heavy Bolt Pistols + Bolt Carbines were the better options as opposed to HB Pistol + Combat Knife, because trading away the advantage of standard Bolt Rifle range Assault 2 gun, for +1 melee Attack was frankly silly, and certain individuals here have thoroughly made their opinion on Pistols-Only (particularly when sold on the idea of "But you can fire in Engagement range!") known.

But now that the HB Pistols have been handed over to the Assault Intercessor, and Reivers received "Special-Issue Bolt Pistols" with AP-2, changes to their Terror Troops trait to -2 LD, and general encouragement to throw these guys at an opponent's ObSec Troops on Turn 2+ after bringing them in from Reserve (especially ones not melee-focused), what's the preferred Reiver loadout looking like now? I imagine Bolter Focused Chapters (like Imperial Fists), are going to want to continue with Bolt Carbines, but what about other chapters?

Anyways, here's where my rebuild is standing right now, Prefer keeping them Ultramarines (especially since I have Guilliman, just not sure if I can justify his points cost yet. Unit suggestions anyone?:
    Spoiler: Army List
    Show
    HQ:
    1x Captain in Phobos Armor
    1x Lt in Phobos Armor
    1x Librarian in Phobos Armor

Elites:
    -5x Reivers
    -5x Reivers

Troops:
    -5x Infiltrators
    -5x Infiltrators

Fast Attack:
    -3x Suppressors

Heavy Support:
    -3x Eliminators
    Last edited by Razgriez; 2020-11-14 at 04:46 AM.
    Final Fantasy XIV Dragoon custom avatar made by Iruka. Thanks Iruka.