1. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XLI: Secondary Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Razgriez View Post
    But now that the HB Pistols have been handed over to the Assault Intercessor, and Reivers received "Special-Issue Bolt Pistols" with AP-2, changes to their Terror Troops trait to -2 LD, and general encouragement to throw these guys at an opponent's ObSec Troops on Turn 2+ after bringing them in from Reserve (especially ones not melee-focused), what's the preferred Reiver loadout looking like now? I imagine Bolter Focused Chapters (like Imperial Fists), are going to want to continue with Bolt Carbines, but what about other chapters?
    Combat Blades are only good useful in Melee.
    Pistols are only good <12".
    Terror Troops basically only works when they're engaged.
    Picking up Outflank or Death From Above, is mandatory for Reivers to not be actual garbage. Which makes them 20 Points each.

So you pick up those Knives for any Melee Chapter, sure. That could arguably work. Because it's CP-free Reinforcements, and Terror Troops does have value, and if you're going to be Charging an enemy unit; You can always turn off their Objective Secured...But remember that Reivers aren't ObSec either. So it's benefit is very, very situational. But certainly not useless.

If you're talking about Bolt Carbines...S4, AP-, in the Elites slot, of all places? Choose literally anything else. That sounds like one of the worst units in the Codex.
    Try and convince you're opponent that they're Infiltrators if you really, really like the models (some do, I think they're hideous).

Anyways, here's where my rebuild is standing right now, Prefer keeping them Ultramarines (especially since I have Guilliman, just not sure if I can justify his points cost yet. Unit suggestions anyone?
    Phobos-heavy armies tend to skew Melee in the end. Only because Incursors and Vicky Warsuits are that good.
    But, since you're talking about Ultramarines...I've been inferring that Ultramarines can play Melee - not that they should. But certainly they can. All the good Melee units are typically Firstborn, so that might be a problem. Otherwise, Ultramarines are Space Marines, and Space Marines are shooty. Just pick up all the better units.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2020-11-14 at 09:29 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome