Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
Quick question for modellers out there: How do Firstborn Space Marine helmets compare in scale to Primaris helmets?

A while ago I built a Grey Knights Sevrin Loth, and for my next project I've decided on Primaris Dark Angels, starting with sending Chapter Master Azrael through the Rubicon.

It won't be too hard - take Master Lazarus, give him the boltgun/sword option and swap his generic helmet for one with wings. Ideally I'd use a Primaris helm, but the only winged one I can find is Lazarus' own which is partially obscured by his hand, so I'd have to cut it out and resculpt which sounds like it could go horribly wrong. As a back-up I'd use a Dark Angels Deathwing Companion helm, but I'm not sure if it would be properly to scale or would look too small. Any suggestions?

In the same vein, I'll be turning a Primaris Chaplain into Primaris Cypher with the addition of a spare Heavy Bolt Pistol and an SM Hooded head... is it going to look silly or is it about right?
Helmets are pretty much exactly the same scale.(Primaris marines are bigger but more sensibly proportioned, so have the same heads and hands.) I use Tactical Marine helmets for all my primaris marines (just prefer the vox-grille look) and they look perfectly good. Only thing is to watch the raised gorget that primaris have - can restrict the angles you can put beaky helmets or similar wide helmets at.