1. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XLI: Secondary Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Razgriez View Post
    I guess the better way to phrase it in my case is this: For Ultramarines, should I build Reivers All Knives, All Carbines, 5 with knives, 5 with Carbines? And also, which mobility option should I pick with each?
    All Knives, all the time, regardless of Chapter.
    Bolt Carbines are ****. If you are a Chapter where Assault Bolt weapons are your goto...You can still pick any other unit because Reivers are terrible and do not do what they say on the tin. And one of the big reasons for this is simply because they aren't Troops. They're Elites. Which means you compare them to Elites, and you compare them to other Factions' Elites.

"This is my Elites-slot unit, it can destroy bad Troops units that have already been damaged."
    ...Good...Job? I think?

Building Infiltrators from the Shadowspear box...
    So why have Reivers with Bolt Carbines when you already have Infiltrators?

Reivers are good for shutting down ObSec and chasing weakened Troops off the board doing what any other unit could do, except worse at it
    Fixed. Reivers don't do the job. That's what makes them one of the worst units in the Codex.
    Just 'cause they do something, doesn't mean they're good at it.

Reivers, simply, are one of the worst implemented units in the Codex. And they were last edition, too. Releasing Infiltrators/Incursors, in the Troops slot, too, was their death knell.

And Phobos HQ tend to be prime Melee charge targets to your opponents (with the exception of the Librarian)
    Then you need Victrix Honour Guard...Which only come out of the Marneus Calgar box...Who would replace Guilliman.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    Vengeance for Cadia at least applies to all Chaos units. That's an... interesting design decision on their part.
    That's because Death to the Traitors! comes out of the main Codex already.
    Death to the Traitors; Re-roll to hit in the Fight phase vs. Heretic Astartes.
    Vengeance for Calth; Ultramarines re-roll to hit and wound in the Fight phase vs. Word Bearers.

It works as a design choice.
    It's just a bad design choice. Other Supplements have similar.

"It was designed to be bad, so it's fine."
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2020-11-14 at 09:39 PM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome