1. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XLI: Secondary Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Avaris View Post
    I’m trying to work out if there is a way of evoking the sort of thing Vengeance for Calth aims for in a way that is actually a good addition to the game.
    Why start there? The worst offender is Deathwatch:
    Use this Stratagem vs. Aeldari,
    Use this Stratagem vs. Orks,
    Use this Stratagem vs. Necrons,
    Use this Stratagem vs. T'au Empire,
    Use this Stratagem vs. Tyranids.
    If my opponent plays a Xenos race, I get to use one of them. But, my opponent 'this game' is currently playing Astartes, so I guess I'll go **** myself? However, on the reverse end, Deathwatch have a guaranteed maxed Secondary if they're up against Xenos...But that only works if Xenos are the meta - which they aren't.

A similar pain has been by Grey Knights in every edition. Your opponent doesn't play Daemons? That's cool. Depending on the edition, a significant percentage of the abilities you non-optionally pay points for, don't even work. That's why when Custodes came out, their gimmick was "We're like Grey Knights, but we work against everything." Spoiler alert; Custodes are really, really strong.

Similarly, you've got Aeldari vs. Slaanesh. When it doesn't work, it does nothing at all. When it is applied, it's a guaranteed loss. Sweet mechanics!
    Same thing with the aforementioned Deathwatch Secondary. Most of the time it wont do anything at all. When it does apply? That's a GG by Turn 2.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2020-11-15 at 05:11 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome