View Single Post

Thread: Crazier Idea Mafia

1. - Top - End - #245
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Imo they could have picked gac3 also because it reveals little to anybody- it could very well be that they decided to steer clear of any person that could relate to them.

In fact, I don't think they killed gac3 after investigating them- only a Town Investigative would have known they were a wolf without knowing they were powerless. If I was an alien and knew gac3 was a werewolf backup I would only kill them after I got some other wolf.

Although the opposite is true too- nip the Universal Backup before they have a chance to do anything. But personally I'd worry about the "pressing" threats.
    That's a good point that Aliens would know gac was a backup, so the shot against him was probably just to avoid detection.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    2) Angel-dodging plain and simple. Aliens don't get shots as consistently as wolves/mafia so they have to make them count. Gac is a skilled player so a good one to eliminate, but he's been quiet so he's unlikely to be baned by others. Aliens were essentially betting that gac would return and be a thorn in their side if they let him live, and that a kill elsewhere is more likely to get blocked.
    That makes sense, and also implies that the Alien team has at least one player left who's played with gac a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    I would rather not vote at all, since I don't feel like I have the information to make a complete decision. I'm missing most of the metagame, and I might simply not be able to play these games very well--it's been a long time since I've played a mafia game even IRL, and I've never played one play-by-post. Given what I can understand of the debate, I found myself leaning CC.

I feel as though I'm shooting in the dark with the information I have, but if I don't shoot I'm all-but-guaranteeing that I'll be shot (or hanged) instead. So I voted CC because that's what made the most sense out of the options currently presented.
    In general here, it's better to put your thoughts down not only with arguements but with a vote - you're committing to a stance rather than feeling the waters before the rest of the group agrees. Definitely took me a few games to get used to playing here, I think I was pretty hesitant in the beginning and people thought I was too wishy-washy/wolfish.

My vote isn't doing anything right now, so Captain Cap.

I can keep checking in for the next couple hours but I'll be away right around the deadline. Curious to see if either of the two absent players jump in to make an important vote.

Also want to note that Captain Cap vs Zelphas is the current options and CC didn't immediately vote Zelphas to help save himself. Not sure what to make of that yet but putting that out there.

Vote Count

Zelphas (3): AvatarVecna, Xihirli, Valmark
    Captain Cap (4): The Outsider, rogue_alchemist, Zelphas, CaoimhinTheCape
    Rogue_alchemist (1): Captain Cap

Not voting: PartyOfRogues, plenty
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2020-11-15 at 12:56 PM. Reason: spelling