1. - Top - End - #1476
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: What Are You Playing, Part 3: The Assassination of my Wallet by the Cowardly Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    What Are You Playing, Part 4: Overdue at the Steam Library
    The thread isn't just for Steam games, though...maybe WAYP 4: New Generation, Same Games?

[EDIT] Well, that didn't last long, just went off Hyperdimension Neptunia after maybe 3-4 hours of playing and uninstalled it. That's what usually happens with JRPGs for me, the Trails and Persona series just seem to be exceptions to the rule!

The thing that really did it for me in Neptunia was the old JRPG thing of grind, grind, grind. I've just defeated a difficult monster, then Black Heart attacks me. At the level I am my companions can barely do any damage to her and Neptune herself doesn't last long even in her Purple Heart form, so clearly I'm supposed to be much higher level to be here. What's the only way I could be significantly higher level at this point? Repetitive and pointless grinding. If I was sufficiently invested in the story and characters I could maybe get over that hump, but I'm simply not. It doesn't help that the game has plethoras of confusing and poorly explained systems that I have no idea if they could help me or not. I think that what might be what attracts me to Trails and Persona--at their core those games are quite simple and easy to understand.
    Last edited by factotum; 2020-11-17 at 02:01 PM.