Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
So, as Roy pointed out in strip 1203, the dungeon doors are too close together for anything other than a straight corridor behind each. We also know that the whole thing is made of multidimensional stone, which 1) means that you can't Ghostform through it and 2) introduces the idea of multidimensional natures. And now we have a trap that only a very high-level rogue could spot inside each door, one that obviously doesn't have any visible effect and that resets to apply to each person passing through the door.

So my theory is that the entire complex is a shell game. The runes form some kind of dimensional shift, and if you cross the runes without disabling them you enter a tiny pocket dimension for each door, one that holds the appropriate monsters. The only way to access the actual Gate is to disable the dimensional runes, which allows you to enter the actual Gate complex. Serini tells everyone she's building a dungeon dedicated to the power of physical might in memory of Kraagor, but that is just one more layer of obfuscation around the Gate's actual defenses. Very rogueish thing to do.
I can go behind this theory.
Heck. I should totally design an extra-dimensional-space dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
"Well, younger ..." but yeah, that one. I laughed when I first came across it.
(Aragorn, Day 352: Darnit, still not King!)
Never heard of her, but i'm interested.
Which one of her series parodies LotR?