View Single Post

Thread: What is the laziest path to power?

1. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: What is the laziest path to power?

Quote Originally Posted by tiercel View Post
    In terms of advancement, I’d have to say that Cleric and Druid certainly have one significant spellcasting advantage: free access to every single spell on their class list on any given day.

How much they are actually on the hook to the powers granting their spells or relevant organizations, when applicable, can depend on the particular DM and campaign, of course. (In my own experience, not very much.)
    They require worship, reverence, and effort, though.

Now, sorcerers, on the other hand, were born with their power, and they automatically know everything they can do, somehow having the knowledge that dancing the Macarena while singing "I'm a Little Teapot," and throwing bat poo will somehow conjure evocationate a fireball spell.

Of course, that requires sorcerers to gather bat poo, as well as all the effort it takes to dance and sing like a moron.

Wilders, though, just get really mad and frowny-face the world into submission and become extra powerful through the power of sulking. In fact, they don't need to do the frowny-face thing, since their powers don't require any somatic components; it just tends to happen regardless. No study, no dancing or singing, and no running around collecting random types of poo to throw at enemies. Oh, and no throwing poo, either, or worrying about procuring a holy symbol. They were just born "special" (in both senses of the word). Granted, psions are vastly superior in pretty much every way, since wilders are basically an NPC class, but you said "laziest," not "best."
    Last edited by MaxiDuRaritry; 2020-11-20 at 11:22 PM.