Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
We didn't need any new spells, heck, the immense pile of spells is already unwieldy. But we got some anyway, and what is wrong with a different take on summoning? Nothing. Of all of the added spells (besides the reprints form SCAG and the adventure on the ice, the summoning ones (being customizable) are a nice addition in terms of having another option for a summons.
I love the new take on summoning my problem and the unwieldy pile of spells is because of things like this. the problem is that a lot of classes need certain spells to use their class features and some of these spells just don't exist. some types of magic get over supported to the point that they blout the spell count in the game were others like acid cold and summoning lack support. I think summonings new support is great but we should have only gotten 5 new spells because half of the new summoning spells are just the same spell with different paint. they could have all been compressed into one balanced spell.

this is a great topic that I would love to talk more about. I generally think Wotc Needs to give love to a lot of spell groups and just that they mishandle this one. what they made works but could easily have been less and opened up room for other needed support without compromising the support they gave.