Quote Originally Posted by Dork_Forge View Post
Anything that doesn't have a swim speed gets disadvantage on melee weapon attacks, so that would apply to the Beast of the Land as well.

Then there's the whole it not being able to breathe under water thing...

The Beast of the Sea is not useless when used in it's appropriate environment, underwater sections (and even whole adventures) are a thing, this is just an option for those occasions and not really intended to be used otherwise by the looks of it.

Though if pepole actually have a problem with this then just ask to drop the swim speed down a little and bump up the land speed accordingly...

I thought the disadvantage applied only to weapons, but even if it is all attacks, that is the same thing the rest of the party is dealing with.

As for not breathing underwater, while true, the Beast can hold its breath for 3 minutes and 2 rounds of combat (going off memory) and since most combats barely last ten rounds, it is unlikely to be an issue for short periods of time.

And yes, you might have a whole adventure underwater... but I've certainly never seen it. The longest underwater I've ever seen was a single combat. And half the time the party either stayed out of the water or used Control Water to create dry land anyways. In 99% of all cases, the Beast of the Sea is never going to be used.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
Could cast Fly on it?
I was wondering if a fly speed would count for how fast you could swim. Not sure how that gets ruled RAW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------