Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
Spoiler
Show

Also, the thought of bodies rejecting the injections and volunteers (or "volunteers" as I'm almost positive is the case) means that they're trying on already-existing creatures. So I think the "Moff Gideon wants to make himself a Force user" is the stronger theory. Maybe also try to create an entire class of Force users under his control.
Spoiler: Agreed
Show
I agree with this. I believe Gideon wants to get force power for himself, and to give force power to people he already knows are loyal to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
Spoiler
Show

...Then again, wasn't that similar to Finn's aborted background in the new trilogy? He was a force-sensitive child kidnapped and forced to grow up as a storm trooper who somehow slipped through screening - just like an entire spaceship full of similar troopers that they discovered in The Rise of Skywalker.
Spoiler
Show
Is there anything in the Disney's trilogy that makes sense?
In fact, the only things that makes sense in Disney's Star Wars are Rebels, Rogue One and Mandalorian, and the already have issues.
And they are the projects KK was the less involved with.

Spoiler
Show

Or they might write-off the movies altogether and ignore it. I doubt it will be a completely clean break, given how many references and Easter eggs have already appeared in the show so far, but we won't know how much further they'll go until they do it.
Spoiler: KK
Show
Not likely to happen as long as KK is on board, even if this is the bast way to improve SW.
I blame her much more than Jar Jar Abrams or Ruin Johnson for the failure of the ST. She's the one who hired them, didn't give them time to work (TFA was made in less than 2 years IIRC), imposed some of her ideas, and did throw Lucas's plan away and didn't get a full plan before launching the project.

And BTW, KK sound very relevantly as bad as you may think in French.

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
Spoiler
Show

If not is it possible that Palpatine cloned Yoda, stored him out of the way until he was more mature?
Spoiler
Show

Given the time frame, it could have been a project of Plagueis.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
Spoiler
Show
It's a shame Stormtroopers are so toothless, it's difficult to feel danger when they are fighting them because of it. There used to be alot of talk about how the Stormtroopers where only incompetent in 4 because they wanted the heroes to escape, then they were competent during 5 but I think the Ewoks basically sealed their fate as joke characters. Even though they did get some respect during some of the EU books.
The Stormtroopers in the OT are very competent every time they don't face a main character or an ewok.

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
I agree with everything except "until Mando". The comics, and more importantly The Clone Wars and Rebels, also push this forth (eg. Rex pretty much claiming that the stormtrooper (not clonetrooper) helmets are crap and is why they can't hit anything). Both Lucasfilm and Disney have pushed this narrative forward on screen. Mandalorian almost certainly does it solely because of Filoni.
Even Rex himself has an hard time hitting things with this helmet.

And Rebels show some Troopers to be competent. I remember one going toe to toe with Kanan in hands-to-hands until Kanan use the Force in one of earlier episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
Spoiler
Show
Definitely one of the best Leodagan's moment.