View Single Post

Thread: Beast of the Sea: Totally Unusable

1. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Beast of the Sea: Totally Unusable

Quote Originally Posted by Garfunion View Post
    I’m not sure what problem there is with a “land” speed of 5ft? What kind of “aquatic” creature do you want to hangout with on land?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dork_Forge View Post
    People keep wanting this, but I can't think of a single animal that would actually fit as a justification for this.
    as per my original post, giant crab.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellpyre View Post
    I'm honestly confused why so many people seem set on comparing sea and lan beast on the assumption that you'll still be having most of your adventuring day on land. If that's the assumption you're running under, why take the sea beast at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie the Duck View Post
    This is pretty much where I land. They included a fish option -- for fishy situations. Not sure how this is a problem.
    Once again, ironic to make this argument when we had to complain for how many years that rangers getting bonuses to tracking and roughing through the wilderness are dead features in campaigns that don't feature tracking and roughing through the wilderness before they fixed that, in this very book. Once again, saying "just use the beast of the land" is the same as saying "just play a fighter", but the question remains, why does the ranger have to be comparatively useless outside of those situations? And they changed a whole pile of ranger features for this, and rangers weren't even so bad at being fighters compared to how useless beast of the sea is when an enemy is merely 15 feet away from the water.
    Last edited by Foxhound438; 2020-11-23 at 09:40 PM.
    Spoiler: bad tactics
    Show

I look at the lich and smirk a bit, as I bring myself back to my feet

"What are you smiling about?" it says

"hehe, it looks like you've made... a grave mistake :D"

the bard, actively bleeding out on the ground *ba-dum-tss*

"Ha! Nice try. Telling a bad joke to try to make your opponent drop their guard. Oldest trick in the book. Trust me, I was there."

*barbarian falling, sword in hands, from the top of the castle wall directly above the lich*