View Single Post

Thread: Against the Empire and the Faith - IC 1

1. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith - IC 1

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I had taken my cue from your previous OOC note about finding a less obtrusive place to talk, and had assumed that that's where we were talking. Meredith is NOT stupid enough to discuss assassination over breakfast.

Once breakfast is consumed and paid for, Meredith leads the group back up to to room at the lodge.

"Okay. We're all among friends here. Let's stop the gardening metaphors and dire hints that 'there's more at play' and 'we need to be cautious', which are getting us precisely nowhere. Agreed?"

She lays out the situation for Ethir to the best of her ability.

"The duke of the neighbouring territory, Lerkoss, has claimed the freshly repaired bridge that is this town's lifeblood, charging a ruinous 10gp toll to cross. The implication is that it's a precursor to annexing the town as a whole. He has sent soldiers and his a**hat mage of a brother to enforce this. If Ptolemy has additional thoughts about what those hints are that there's more going on than that, I encourage him to make himself a lot clearer."

She shakes her head.

"Meanwhile, Ptolemy also had some kind of meeting yesterday, and had some sort of lead that was going to take us out of town, but he wouldn't tell me what that was."

She shrugged.

"Nobles die all the time. Sometimes at our hands. I happen to see that as a feature, not a bug. Now, I have no problem with killing the brother in a way that doesn't leave a body, or pursuing another course of action. But I swear, if somebody tells me that we need to me more thoughtful and subtle or some s**t without actually suggesting a course of action, I will be most put out."
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2020-11-24 at 01:12 PM.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut