Quote Originally Posted by One Step Two View Post
I just wanted to chime in, that while it may not impact it's overall score, that a Wyrmling Gold Dragon is Medium sized, which means a Small Sized LG Cleric 5/Dracolyte 5 has an 8HD Wyrmling he could use as a mount.

While it cannot gain Class levels, there's no reason it cannot age, with that said, without extended downtime, having your character wait 6 years to have it jump an age category is not viable. Also, I and other DM's may rule that once the Wyrmling has grown large enough, it moves on, so you can help foster another Wyrmling to an age where it can protect itself.

This has however given me a hilarious build idea: A Paladin 10/Dracolyte 10, using the Dragon Steed feat from Draconomicon, and the Holy Mount feat from dragon 325, and Dragon Cohort feat has the following:
Fosters a Wyrmling Gold Dragon, has a Young Gold Dragon Mount, a Young Gold Dragon Cohort (possibly Juvenile with DM permission), and 1/day he can cast Summon Dragon, basically calling their parent/older sibling. I call it the: "I was adopted, but my dragon family loves me anyway" build.
That is such a great character idea.