Quote Originally Posted by keybounce View Post
With this one, I'm beginning to think that maybe "Kill all the sparks" was the right idea. I mean, the idea of one spark, in one room, doing something so extreme that it shunts all of the earth into another reality, why, that sounds like the premise of an anime series (or 20 :-)
It's tempting, but I think the Spark is like hemophilia. Roughly one third of babies born with the gene seem to have it as a mutation. Apparently, it's just a way human genes are prone to breaking.

So, my guess is a fair number of sparks are the same. While the trait obviously runs in families, it also appears spontaneously. Killing all sparks wouldn't remove the trait, it would simply eliminate all the sparks who have learned to train young sparks to be less of a threat to the fabric of the universe.

Also, on the plus side, sparks who survive past the "I will show them all!" phase (the common last entry in many a new spark's diary) seem to be pretty good at bending the laws of physic so their crazy idea DOESN'T blow up the planet, even if it really should.