Quote Originally Posted by Rolepgeek View Post
Vygra

The King of the Trolls surveyed the assembled Vygra at the riverbank, inclining his head with each introduction, and replying only after the fulji has finished speaking.

"It is well that you should be able to come. My family and my people will long owe debts to yours for the aid granted us against the Blightspawn. It is my sincere hope that you enjoy the festivities, and eat to your fill and more."

The words are monotonous, and there is a long pause before Ichippā clears her throat quietly, and Ruunandaraghal shakes himself, eyes suddenly sharp and bright as they glanced at each guest once more, rolling their shoulders. He nods as if in response to his own unasked question, and gestures at one of the few un-costumed Vyrka in attendance - a young Mykra, by the looks of them, with stippled skin and thick hair that seems to roll as if they were still caught in the river's pull underneath its ties, who lifts their head and starts strutting towards the group with a wry smile.

"Though it would be my utmost pleasure to converse with you all at length, I am sadly fettered by my own status as host for the moment. Kanbir, however, has made himself invaluable as of late, and learned much about our customs. I am sure he would be more than happy to speak with you about such matters. Isn't that right, Kanbir?"

Right on cue, the man in question bowed with a flourish and a grin. "Of course, my king! Ah...regarding what am I to discuss, again, if I may be so impudent?"

The ruler of the Dhraan chuckles, a low rumble like rocks being dropped into sand, and patterns swing across their neck and and face like slow-falling leaves as they respond. "Our guests are curious of Dhraanish kin-circles, Kanbir. Given how many questions you bombarded my sister with, I imagine you are more than equipped to inform them."

Still grinning, Kanbir bows again, this time facing the Vygra, before making an equally embellished motion to direct their gazes to the waiting tables. "I would be happy to entertain you, my far-southern cousins, if you will only follow me - I cannot think that you would be ought but famished after the journey here, and there is a saying among our hosts which I find very astute - 'Good conversation demands good eating'!"

Spoiler: Kanbir inspiration
Show
The delegation turn and greet the introduced Kanbir. Neither Kanbir's appearance or name follow the standards of the Vygra, though they were obviously of a similar origin. Some word had been shared about the Vyrka, and though used to variety among individuals, this difference was still noteworthy to the visitors, and their curiousity shows as they follow him from the king's presence to the feast.

"I am pleased to meet you, Kanbir. In truth, I've been hopeful to meet our kin from beyond the Sur, but not until now have I had the opportunity to travel. I would be glad to hear about you, and how your tribe has weathered through the Red Sky.

"And as the king expressed, we wish to know more of the kin-circle he is forming. Forging a bond through family with our neighbors here, we hope, would benefit us both. Kamiya and Tuvini are recently wed and without children yet, but have expressed interest in such a connection. As well, Phaudl has left her brother's household in Elkhrime to seek the broader world. She is an accomplished craftswoman, and to our understanding kin-circles here seem similar to the shared tents of the Harud."
Varsha gestures to each of her companions as she speaks of them, then looks to Kanbir to answer.