Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
Doesn't Ichigo destroy a mountain basically on accident with a flick of his wrist?
That was, if it's the scene I think you're referring to, a specific one-time only powerup that Ichigo was never able to achieve again.

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
And yes, you generally have to believe whatever a series tells you is going on. You don't get to just arbitrarily ignore things the characters and setting state they are capable of. At least not if you want anyone to take you seriously.
It's not arbitrary...it's specifically contradicted by what's shown. One character says a Gran Ray Cero can destroy las Noches.

Another fires a Gran Ray Cero, and does not destroy Las Noches.

Unless you want to claim Grimmjow was somehow HOLDING BACK against Ichigo...the statements and in-series reality contradict each other. Every Gran Ray Cero fired inflicts fairly minimal destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
Ah, fair enough. I had forgotten that part. So since my memory has failed me once let me ask; did Barragan ever claim or prove an immunity to physical attacks? Because even if he survived Soi Fon's Bankai, Superman's laser vision is on a whole other level.
He's highly resistant, but certainly not immune. He took some superficial damage from both of Soi Fon's bankai attacks.

This implies that a large enough immediate burst of damage, or enough successive bursts of a lower level of damage would be enough to put him down.

I don't think Supes would need any special tricks against Barragan either. Isn't he immune to aging? There's a version of Superman that's like a billion years old or some ****.