View Single Post

Thread: A Gathering Storm

1. - Top - End - #295
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: A Gathering Storm

Roland Parnum

Roland could only nod to Njal and Ramiro, not quite able to figure out how to form words again just yet. He bites down hard on the inside of his cheek and squeezes his eyes shut to hold himself together, but the tears start anyway, freezing halfway down his face.

Her spell over him was gone, that was true enough. But standing there in the presence of her loneliness ripped the curtain away from his own, seeming to bare it for all the world to see. For the moment at least, the Firekeeper's comforting warmth seemed to have abandoned him, replaced only by the bitter cold in the valley. Step by step he walked back with Njal and Ramiro, taking a few deep, shuddering breaths that slowly started getting easier along the way.

"Thank you both," Roland finally says gruffly as they make it back to their camp. "I...I didn't...I hope if I ever," Roland says, starting and stopping repeatedly. "Thank you. I'm going to lie down now, if that's alright," he continues apologetically. "Take care you watch out for...that sort of thing." Roland nods, averting his gaze before ducking into the hut and trying to get some rest. Despite his physical exhaustion, sleep doesn't come easy.
    Last edited by Riggdgames; 2020-12-14 at 09:03 PM.