View Single Post

Thread: Darth Vader has left us

1. - Top - End - #16
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Darth Vader has left us

Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Flumph View Post
    Ok, that's also misleading past a certain point. The reason that Prowse was banned was never made openly public, even I believe by Prowse who only stated that he burned too many bridges. Tying it to complaints about not being paid is speculative at best.
    In what way are his issues over Lucas's mistreatment of him not burning bridges?
    Can we mourn the man without tossing around accusations like that?
    The accusations are entirely against not-Prowse, and paint Prowse in the better light. I am (and, for years, have been) entirely in Prowse's corner in this.
    I also imagine Fox would be a lot more hesitant to screw over Guinness than Prowse in that regard.
    No, they wouldn't. It was differently contracted, gross vs net, full stop. They would not hesitate to screw over anyone who negotiated for net (which, I should point out, is still wrong, and arguably even more wrong).
    Lucas' reasons are his own, he did have known frictions with Prowse, and it may have been a personal decision, but it's also important to remember that the scene wasn't just an unmasking, it was an acting scene as well. Anakin had to show remorse and love for his son in the final moments as well, and Prowse, whose background wasn't in acting, may not have been deemed ideal.
    Prowse had well over 40 acting credits before Star Wars, let alone Return of the Jedi six years later. Further, Prowse was acting throughout the trilogy - discounting body acting (or voice acting, which is another hot-button issue of mine) as "not acting" is a gross disservice to such actors.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2020-11-29 at 12:57 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2