OK wisebeards; I think GITP is the best forum for old-time 3.5ers like myself, and I want the benefit of your collective wisdom.

I've (painfully) gone through the 3.5 rules and spell-lists winnowing out the ridiculous and creating my homebrew set limiting Tier 1s and buffing Tier 3s. Given that the following is true:
(a) All wands require a Standard (or longer) action to use, regardless of what spell the wand contains.
(b) All scrolls require a Standard (or longer) action to use, regardless of what spell the scroll contains.

I'm considering allowing characters who are not engaged, and have the scroll in hand, to read a scroll of a swift spell as a Move action. Of course, you still can't cast more than one spell in a round. My question is, given the assumptions above, would this trend back to being too unbalanced?

As an aside, I'm in the camp that allows Potions to be consumed as a Move action if a character isn't engaged (but you can't consume more than one a round).

I would appreciate ideas if anyone else has ever done this, or considered it. Thanks!

thom