"Awfully arrogant to think it was meant just for us," echoes Gelik. "It might be actual anti-sapient security, but it might just be simple hunting as well. I mean, it does sound like we are likey to run into ... not rabid monkeys, but rabid monkey-men. That tells me that however debased they might be, they can still fashion tools and traps, solve problems, and protect their domain .... if that is what Tazion is to them, and they'd be right to do so!"

"Which is why, Gelik," says Aron, "I'm sorry, I know we talked about the rest of us going through Tazion and giving you reports to sift through at the end of the day while you are in the comfort of your tent, but I can't do that. With the dead soldier where we found him, the rabid monkey-man range out and don't just stay in Tazion, and I can't leave you alone. We can't leave our things behind, people, but full packs go in with us when we go into Tazion tomorrow."

Gelik looks horrified, and then glum.

"Don't fret, Gelik, you did say you wished you could see the ruins themselves, so you are going to get your wish after all .... for your safety, not against it."

She looks to the sandkin before everyone else. "Okay, Tor-ber, because it seems we're in hostile territory, we need double-watches. We don't have to travel tomorrow, so we can do three-section rotation of four hours for twelve hours total to make sure everyone gets rest. Remember not to let the fire go out. I'm more worried about disease than being seen."

Does anyone have anything before adjourning for the evening?