Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
And now this is turning into armchair quarterbacking. Yes, there are a bazaillion options she COULD pick to do, you who have had a literal month to consider the options, angles, and possibilities here, can theorycraft all the ways that could possibly work to decide the best one you think she should pick during the 5 minutes she has even been aware that a fight is going on (if that long). That doesnt make it a failure on the part of the comic author that he doesnt solve it the way you think it could be written to be solved. There are genuine justifications for max to not be the one to auto handle every scenario, and she chooses to hold back specifically to let the rest of the team handle what they can because she IS on a team. It isnt team maxima and a dozen cheerleaders. They are generally capable of handling 95% of the issues that come up without her being the golden savior swooping in to take care of every situation herself in some absurdly overpowered way. There is enough in universe justification given to explain why narratively speaking dave isnt going to have every fight be over in the blink of an eye. It doesnt have to be flawless reasoning with absolutely no other options possible, it just needs to make some logical sense, and it does. This is like bagging on lotr because "OMG WHY NOT HAVE TEH EAGULZ CARRY THEM TO MORDOR?!" Just enjoy the freaking story!
I might be confusing you with someone else but I think this isn't the first time you brought the "months to consider" style argument against someone suggesting something that really doesn't take month to consider nor was considered for months. (In another thread but don't ask me which. Might have been someone else the last time it annoyed me.) In fact most people probably only think about it briefly when commenting on it probably not even more than "during the 5 minutes she has even been aware that a fight is going" (and often have neither training nor experience to make up plans). It is an annoying and silly strawman argument at least only bring it up when someone comes up with some complicated plan..