1. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Rokugan shadowlands - magic item use, ability damage, and others

You could be Dragon clan. One of the secret feats, Tattoo Magic, for the Dragon Clan allows you to spontaneously generate one of the Tattooed Monk's tattoos. It requires Void Use and you have to be a monk or inkyo, though.

The feat that makes you immune to taint has to be taken in context: OA/UA taint is different from HoH taint. HoH taint is a combination of Corruption and Depravity and is measured separately. It is stated to replace the version from OA. It does not apply a penalty to CON/WIS, instead it manifests as physical and mental defects, depending on the score, which apply various mechanical penalties in the same manner as Flaws. If you are using OA taint, the feats from HoH that deal with it should be ignored as it runs on a separate metric. It's like the difference between 3.5 and 5e. Thematically the same but enough difference to render some options inoperable.

Quote Originally Posted by julio22 View Post
    Kelb_Panthera I didn't know this book until now. The only specific thing we found in the books we have is that Remove Disease or Remove Curse spells will lower the taint score by 1, and the Heal spell, by 3 - or you can use a Miracle or Wish spell to emulate those too - but nobne of them (not even Miracle or Wish) can completely remove taint, only lower it to 1... I am definitely going to look into Magic of Rokugan, besides more info on the Shadowlands and how to deal with the taint, there might be some really cool and useful stuff - particularly for shugenjas. Many thanks
    If you are running a shugenja, you almost need Magic of Rokugan. It increases the versatility of the class to an extreme degree by adding a large selection of spells and feats. I have a physical copy of it just so I can bring it with me to in-person games.
    Last edited by illyahr; 2020-12-01 at 06:17 PM.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.