Which one equals "a guy who I was writing to be in no particular order:
1-fill out the team slots
2-be an Usagi counterpart where the guy with no kekkei genkai is the overdog (compared to Reina who must keep herself hidden) for once
3-be an example of Yagura's propaganda effects
4-is a credible threat to face at least for the Chuunin Exams but probably might come back later because the Chuunin Exams is a great place for first confrontations that set up later conflicts or allies down the line"?

So hopefully the first one? but there is no guarantee of that. That is determined by how we want the Chuunin Exams to go when we get to them (and not before). There is going to be a lot of characters there, and not all of them are going to make it to the final rounds. I'm pretty much over-making characters so that when we get to it, the choice of which team and character continues on aside from our own will be as hard as possible. and I haven't even gotten to the Konoha ones which will be even more numerous and thus have more chances than anyone else due to it being THEIR village.

its enough to make me think I may have been hasty about disallowing your twin dojutsu guy idea earlier, since there is going to be so many characters that will be eliminated that its going to be stiff competition.

but to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if you guys decided to pass him over to pick other characters to interact with, he isn't the most interesting guy on the roster, at least to me. a lot of this will consist of "lets see all these characters I've made clash against one another and see what story comes out of it" and "which character is your favorite, because not all of them are going to make it to round 3" because there will be so many variables that even I have no clue how the Exams themselves will turn out, as the plan I've set in stone are more about a certain event around or near the Exam, but not technically of it, and has nothing to do with the Exam's outcomes. I also favor Blood O, but thats just me and how that turns out might change.