View Single Post

Thread: Pocket Watch Repair Tools

1. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Pocket Watch Repair Tools

Quote Originally Posted by Zhorn View Post
    It depends on which book you use as a reference.

If using Xanathar's, then no, that book fumbled on tinker's tools despite having the artwork on its page that would align with other depictions of what tinker's tools should have been.

If you just use the PHB, tinker's tools are used for EXACTLY what you would be looking for.
    Go to page 37.
    "Tinker: You have proficiency with artisan’s tools (tinker’s tools). Using those tools, you can spend 1 hour and 10 gp worth of materials to construct a Tiny clockwork device"
    I think the Xanathar's Guide got it right if you look up the old definition of a tinker, they were basically wondering repairman. If you look in the PHB, the weight of tinker tools it’s pretty heavy it’s the heaviest of all the tools listed. That doesn’t say small tools to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Naanomi View Post
    Rock Gnomes can build clockwork explicitly with tinker tools
    Rock gnomes have a unique racial feature that allows them to create/forge/put together the parts for a clockwork device.

The reason why I bring up the question is that I want to create a clockwork soul sorcerer that goes around repairing(mending cantrip also) clocks not really making them. Though later levels may use fabricate spell for that.
    Last edited by Garfunion; 2020-12-04 at 01:13 PM.