On the trek

Vala doesn't seem at all perturbed by the question, instead poking at the equipment stowed on her back. "Spear's magic, shield's magic, but that's it. Not got anything to boost my strength up, it's all 'me'." She gives a little hop on the last word, her pack jangling with pots and pans tied to the outside of it, almost to emphasise the weight she was carrying. "I know I don't look it, but it's just always felt very easy. Natural gifts and all that. I imagine if I trained my muscles properly I'd become the strongest woman in the world. Or nothing at all would change and I'd be exactly the same. One of those two. Maybe we'll find out on this trip. Gotta be more exercise than singing songs in taverns."

Flaming Fist Patrol

You can't see their faces, but when Corporal King speaks next it's hard to miss the air of skepticism in his voice. "That seems...pretty vague. Not like we could deploy on to a large area when we're stretched thin just patrolling the roads. If there's as many as you say it's going to take more than just me and these charmers, so you're probably after a deployment order from the higher ups. If you want to sell this as an 'operation' to the officers they'll need concrete details, as much as possible. What exactly do you know?"