Gryphon listens to the back and forth between his three compatriots and the visiting crime lord. As the conversation flows he stays fairly silent and tries to evaluate his allies based on their interjections. While he’s still fit to burst with joy from the results of yesterday’s tribunal meeting (and the response to his Sending), he tries his best to keep his expression placid.

So, Sir Kleris wants to make The Speckled Hen into some sort of Gangster’s Paradise. But to what end? Surely he has ambition beyond being a beer-slinging middleman.

Interesting. So our dear Prosecutor Kaessel is willing to take a pragmatic approach to the law, so long as he doesn’t compromise his morals. Better keep that in mind.

And Kett the “Dockworker”, so intent on tracking down this assassin. She can’t wait to start looking for him today, immediately solicited us to help find him yesterday, and I’m willing to bet he’s the same man she asked the Midnighter’s about the other evening.

Gryphon waits for the tiefling to leave before speaking to his party members. I know you’re rather eager to get on with your manhunt, Madam Kett, but there are concerns that must be address beforehand. What sort of compensation is promised for tracking down your target? Sir Kleris here is just beginning a new business enterprise and I’m sure capital is vital for him in these early stages of entry into the hospitality industry. I myself manage a humble establishment here in the Port District, taking time off work without financial assurances might result in my failure to pay my landlady. And the question of jurisdiction, for Prosecutor Kaessel, must be answered as well. Does he have the legal ability to track down your missing assassin? If he does, how do you feel of your target being in the hands of the law, rather than your own?